- AWS: A5.28 : ER-80SD-2
DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATION
- 80S-D2 is a mild steel solid wire that contains ½ percent molybdenum for increased strength and high levels of manganese and silicon to provide good wetting and good rust and scale tolerance.
- It will give radiography quality welds with excellent bead appearance in both ordinary and difficult-to-weld carbon and low alloy steels.
- It is suitable for single and multiple pass welding of carbon and low alloy steels and higher strength steels in the as welded and post weld heat treated conditions.
- It exhibits excellent out of position characteristics with the short circuiting and pulsed arc processes.
- 100% CO2 ,75/25 ; Ar/CO2 or 98/2 Ar/O2.